Iraj Sabahi, M.D.
Board Certified in Rheumatology
Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Tehran University of Medical Sciences, M.D. 1992
- Howard University Hospital, 2004-2007, Internal Medicine
- MedStar Research Institute, 2007-2008, Clinical Research
- Washington Hospital Center / Georgetown University 2008-2010, Rheumatology
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – Etiology, Consequences and Co-Morbidities, January 11, 2012
Chapter 13, Association of Cardiovascular Disease with the Metabolic Syndrome in a Predominantly Male Cohort with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Prevalence of vitamin D insufficiency/deficiency in rheumatoid arthritis and associations with disease severity and activity. J Rheumatol. 2011
- Femoral profunda artery aneurysm as an unusual first presentation of Behcet disease. Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2011
- Diagnostic and Interventional Musculoskeletal Ultra sonography
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, novel biologic therapies, treat to target concept
- Disease activity measures including questionnaires, laboratory studies, imaging studies and their clinical utility in management of rheumatologic diseases
- Osteoarthritis and feasibility of nonsurgical treatment options.
Dr. Iraj Sabahi graduated from Tehran University of Medical Sciences in 1992. He gained experience by working in different positions in Iran (father land) including national Iranian oil company and medical liaison officer in Tehran private hospital.
After immigration to Canada and before reclaiming his medical license, he had firsthand experience of being a patient, not a physician. This strengthened his goal to provide the foremost comprehensive and up to date patient care. As a volunteer he was also involved with nicotine research in CAMH institute in Toronto, Canada.
After passing Canadian and American exams he was accepted in internal medicine program of Howard University Hospital in Washington DC. His experience with a rheumatologic disease (Wegner Granulomatosis) and diagnostic challenges were the driving reasons for him to choose rheumatology as his specialty.
After finishing his residency, he completed one year of clinical research fellowship in MedStar Research institute and gained invaluable experience in clinical trials. This experience has shaped his belief that innovation is a must in any scientific field and that patients have the right to be informed about the current clinical trials and the availability of new medications and procedures. This allows patients the opportunity to make informed decisions.
Dr. Sabahi then completed two years of clinical fellowship training in the Washington Hospital Center / Georgetown University program. He has been in private practice since 2010 in State of California and has offices in Pleasanton and Turlock.
Dr. Sabahi enjoys spending his free time with his young son and daughter.
I met Dr. Sabahi today for the first time due to the fact that I had recently been diagnosed with severe osteoporosis. He spoke in a caring manner and explained...